One of the more difficult parts of moving is packing. Especially the trickier items such as wine glasses and coffee mugs. Here is a “how-to” from the You Move Me Vancouver team so that you can pack these breakable items like the pros do.
How to pack wine glasses for moving
- Wrap each wine glass individually - Start by stuffing the interior and make sure that you wrap the paper around the stem, it can be the most breakable part.
- Place only wine glasses in the box – don’t mix other glasses or kitchen wares in with your wine glasses. You can also purchase cell boxes which are specific to packing glasses like wine glasses and other breakable items.
- Fill any gaps in the box with newspaper. You won’t want the glasses to move around when they are being transported
- Seal the moving box and make sure to write 'Fragile' on the outside
How to pack coffee mugs so that they don’t break
- Prepare your moving box. Put a layer of bubble wrap or crumpled up newspaper at the bottom of the box for added cushioning.
- Protect the mugs. Just like with wine glasses, you want to protect coffee mugs by filling the inside with crumpled paper. This will help the mug withstand any impact if it gets moved around while you move.
- When wrapping the outside of the mug, we recommend that you use 2 or 3 layers of packing paper to help protect it!
- Fill any empty spaces in the box with extra newspaper
- Don’t forget to write 'fragile' on the outside of your tightly sealed packing boxes.
Are you feeling any better about packing wine glasses and coffee mugs yourself? Once you’ve successfully transferred them to your new residence, be sure to check out some of our great coffee shops and our local wineries. You can get some great wine at English Estates Winery on 1st street in Vancouver, WA; or drive a few miles north to Battle Ground where you can find the Rusty Grape Vineyards.
At You Move Me, our mission is to move you, not just your boxes.