So it’s time to pack your kitchen. There’s so many different (and useful) gadgets, you may not know where to start. Our expert movers in Vancouver, WA, have compiled a checklist to help you best pack up your kitchen.
Go through your kitchen and decide what you do and don’t want. Now is the time to donate and recycle all of those old appliances and various items that have been collecting dust.
Prepare to pack in advance
To alleviate stress make sure you gather all of your packing supplies beforehand. Here are some of the key items you will need:
- Boxes: large boxes for odd shaped kitchen appliances and large items, small to medium boxes for dishes, utensils, and other miscellaneous items
- Paper or bubble wrap for the fragile items
- Packing tape to securely seal your boxes
- A marker or pen to label the boxes once they have been sealed
Pack your breakables
When packing plates, bowls and other breakables:
- Start with a layer of paper in your box for cushioning
- Wrap all items with 1-2 pieces of paper, and nest your items
- Pack your boxes tightly and fill any gaps in the box with paper
Pack your pantry
- Seal all open boxes of dried or canned food
- Make sure you pack anything that can spill in plastic first to protect any of the other items in the box
- Set aside all non-canned or perishable items to be eaten before the day of the move
Label your boxes clearly
The only thing that can be as tedious as packing for a move is unpacking. Save yourself some time by being specific when labeling your boxes. We recommend going deeper than labels like “kitchen” to describe what’s in your boxes.
For example, we suggest you use labels like: “kitchen - pots and pans” or “kitchen - plates”